Company name: Amazon.ae
Location: Amman, Jordan
Salary: Withheld by employer
– Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
– Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
– Write high quality distributed system software
– Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
– 2+ years of programming experience with progressive development responsibilities in Java.
– Agile development, daily scrum, taking ownership of both production issues and new features.
– Solid technical understanding and API documentation are essential for cross-team development.
– Computer Science fundamentals in data structures.
– Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
– Good English written / verbal communication skills, bilingual Preferred.
– Self-motivated, thrives working in a small team.
– Focused and professional attitude.
– Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
– Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in Computer Science or related field.
– Hands-on experience on Apache Ofbiz.
– Java ecosystem for daily development: Spring/Spring Boot, Apache,Ant/Maven/Gradle, Tomcat/Jetty/TomEE, Jenkins.
– Real world experience with SQL data stores for java applications, Java ORM tools like Hibernate/JPA. Production MySQL is a plus.
– RESTful API specification, implementation, JSON and solid documentation will be a plus (or SOAP webservice experience with leanings towards REST).
– AWS services such as S3, SQS, and Kinesis