Company name: DarkMatter
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Salary: withheld by employer
– Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages and scheduling upgrades.
– Secures network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, defining and monitoring access.
– Reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information as well as managing cross geography projects.
– Maintain network infrastructure health checks, proactively take actions to minimize downtime and performance issues.
– Support other teams for network performance/ availability issues.
– Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assigned tasks to meet established deadlines.
– Ability to plan and execute network expansions to meet the business demand.
– Manage secure and efficient network connections across hybrid network setup, using on premise and cloud infrastructure.
– Create and execute test plans and development environments
– Create and manage configurations for firewalls
– Create and manage WAN and LAN configurations
– Create and manage communication links / Internet / SIP configurations / VPN
– Responsible for documentation: Creation and review of low-level-designs (LLDs) and review of high-level-designs (HLDs)
– Manages the remote access and secure gateways
– Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
– Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
– Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
– Collaborate with the Architects to understand upcoming application improvements, plan for changes, communicate back to the business
– Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
– Own the network security and closely advise internal stakeholders regarding security incidents, inclusive of root cause analysis and remediation.
– Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
– Maintain strong knowledge of the newest active security threats and events and use that information to hunt down the newest cyber security threats within dynamically changing technical environments.
– Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
– Identify and define system security requirements
– Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
– Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
– Maintain technical reference, process, and training documentation
– Trains and mentors less senior colleagues as required
– Work in a shift based role possessing a broad and extensive experience in maintaining, administering, troubleshooting and supporting complex enterprise networks that are build on a number of vendor technologies and includes L2 and L3 switching, routing, firewalls, DMZs and network monitoring.
– Expert level experience in different network automation tools, protocol analyzers, network operating systems, such as NetBrain, Cisco Products
– Expert Level experience in managing and administering Load Balancer such as HAproxy., switches such as Cisco Catalyst and Nexus
– Expert level knowledge of Network protocols and packet filtering
– Expert level experience in routers, switches including NetScout Packet Flow, Radius / TACACS, Network Performance Tuning
– Expert level experience in managing network security process and systems
– Comfortable with devising, implementing and evolving security policies and Firewall configurations
– Expert level experience in different network automation tools, protocol analyzers, network operating systems, such as NetBrain and Cisco Products
– Expert level knowledge of Network protocols and web proxy’s such as HAproxy
– Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent.
– CCNP (Routing and Switching)
– CCNA (Data Center)
– CCIE preferred
– Advanced Cisco ASA Security V2.0 OR Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security)
– Certified Information Systems Security (CISSP) Professional OR GIAC Security Expert (GSE)
– Tool Certification: Splunk/Arcsight, Tripwire/Mcafee/Nessus etc.
– ITIL v3 Foundation
Product and Technology:
– Cisco Products: Routers, Switches (Catalyst and Nexus), Cisco IOS, Cisco MDS ,Cisco NXOS,
– Fortinet Firewalls
– Palo Alto Firewalls