Company name: flydubai
Salary: withheld by employer
– Administer the mongo database and support the mongo related daily activities.
– Install, deploy and manage MongoDB on physical and virtual machines.
– Highly skilled in mongo performance tuning for high throughput and large data loads.
– Manage mongo DB in AWS EC2 environment.
– Configure large-scale MongoDB shared clusters.
– Support MongoDB in a high availability, multi-data center environment.
– Administer MongoDB Ops Manager, backups and automation. Automate routine tasks with shell scripts and industry standard tools
– Improve database backups and regular recovery testing.
– Secure Mongo DB environment with standard security practices.
– Document data modelling on Mongo DB for application requirement and better performance.
– Maintain database performance and capacity planning.
– Write documentation and collaborate with technical peers online
– Design mongo DB for high availability and for data center failures.
– Administer and support daily MySQL database tasks.
– Administer and support daily Oracle database tasks.
– University Graduate specializing in IT, Math or Science
– 4+ years Mongo deployment experience
– 4+ years MongoDB production support
– 4+ years Linux OS experience in a production environment
– Experience in Cloudera Big data platform is plus.
– BS or BA degree, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education, training or work experience
– MongoDB Ops Manager experience
– Experience on mongo sharing
Knowledge / Skills
– Linux Shell scripting
– Extensive Mongo DBA skills
– Scripting skills (Python or Ruby)
Certificate / License required
– MongoDB certification.
– ITIL Certification
– AWS or AZURE Cloud certification
– CORE COMPETENCIES
– Customer Focus
– Team work
– Effective Communication
– Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
– Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)